Here’s my schedule from Halloween through the month of November. Most of it revolves around the release of Stellarnet Prince, book two in the Stellarnet Series, release date Nov 12, currently available for pre-order from Amazon, B&N, Google and on Netgalley for reviewers. For a list of all of my current and upcoming giveaways, click here.
I’ve been having so much fun on this blog tour, talking about everything from cats to cutting edge technology to tarot cards.
Oct 31 – HALLOWEEN
- A very special guest post on the blog of steampunk author Christine Bell featured Stellarnet tarot cards & an exclusive giveaway of one r’naw eye necklace created by Gypsy Moon Art Studio. I’m be running another r’naw eye necklace giveaway that you can enter through Rafflecopter until the end of November.
Nov 2 – An Eclectic Author
Guest post about how my jewelry designs tell stories and my stories feature jewelry. Also includes the prologue of Stellarnet Prince.
Nov 3 – Visited sci-fi, paranormal and fantasy author, and fellow Contact-IF blogger, Kim Knox at her Darkness and Romance blog. Stop by for a sexy sneak-peak from chapter seven of Stellarnet Prince.
Nov 4 – Mean Kitty
I have two living kitties now, and one in kitty heaven. All three will be featured in the gallery of awesome, on Nov 1, 4 and 6, with pictures and stories about what makes them mean kitties..
Nov 5 – “Stuck in the Middle” with sci-fi author Cathy Pegau discussing sleeping arrangements in a M/F/M relationship, with an excerpt from chapter one of Stellarnet Prince.
Nov 6 – U.S. ELECTION DAY (Great Ocean, help us)
Nov 7 – Romance Cooks
This is a fun website where romance writers share their books and favorite recipes. Because the Glin don’t use fire, I’m sharing my no-cook recipe for Rainbow Fruit Salad.
Nov 8 – Paranormal and SF romance author Veronica Scott interviews J’ni, Duin and Belloc. Yes, you read that right. It’s a character interview with the heroes of the Stellarnet Series!
Nov 9 – Fun Fridays with Angela Campbell
The author of Cry Wolf chats with me about the Stellarnet Series, complicated alien love triangles and Nellie Bly.
Nov 10 – Ruth Diaz, the author of superhero romance Dynama, chats with me about Stellarnet Prince, how Legos inspired Asteria Colony, and some of my WIP (work in progress).
Nov 11 – The Galaxy Express
Heather Massey interviews me about the Stellarnet Series and why I write science fiction.
Nov 12 – RELEASE DAY! READ STELLARNET PRINCE!
- Guest posting on the Carina Press blog at 3:15pm ET about aliens in sock kilts. This is probably one of the funniest things I’ve written in years, it makes me laugh every time I read it, but I’m sort of deranged and laugh a lot anyway, so YMMV. I’ll also be giving away another r’nawesome r’naw eye pendant — this one I handmade myself, based on the Gypsy Moon design (with permission).
- I’ll be stopping by romance author Kate Davies’ blog
- And talking about nagyx stones, romantic aliens and the history of human engagement rings at Everybody Needs a Little Romance.
- Teaser Tuesdays at Taste of Kiwi and author Shelley Munro reviews Stellarnet Rebel.
- Meankitty interviews me at Writer & Cat about the lack of cats in the Stellarnet Series, and how I deal with kitty interruptions while writing.
- Also check out Meankitty’s review of Stellarnet Prince on Writer & Cat. “These two-leggers actually WORSHIP the ‘Great Ocean’ and the ‘Great Rain’ and other horrifyingly aqueous deities, when clearly all should worship cats. … It’s almost like this author was trying to say water is a vital substance or something. Haha–she probably thinks we’re MADE of water. Hm. Dogs and humans, maybe. Cats are made of awesome.”
Nov 15 – Thursday 13
Sharing my “Thirteen inspirations for the Stellarnet Series“ with New Zealand author Shelley Munro.
- Otherworld Diner
Talking about space pirates, post-cyberpunk, writing rituals and characters who take over my brain.
- Carina Press Friday feature “Getting in Character”
How would the heroes of Stellarnet Prince answer the question: “What’s a secret you’ve never told anyone?”
- Sharing 12 cool pieces of technology from the Stellarnet Series with sci-fi author Kait Gamble.
- Stellarnet Prince is transformed into Stellarcat Pounce courtesy of a creative Meankitty cattification. “A society of humans obsessed with all things feline brings catnappers, pet traffickers and environmental exploitation to the lush catnip fields of Glin-nip…” (read more)
Nov 18 – Get a look at Belloc’s suit and J’ni’s wedding dress while I talk about alien marriages in outer space with romance writer and former wedding planner Christi Barth.
Nov 19 – Visiting urban fantasy author R.L. Naquin‘s blog to talk about my love affair with aliens and monsters.
Nov 20 – Contact-Infinite Futures SF/SFR blog
I’m planning to post pics from the Geek Gala, but plans might change if something else comes up re: Stellarnet Prince.
Nov 21 – Bull Spec magazine
“The Hardest Part” is a weekly series where creators talk about the hardest part of putting together their most recent book. I’ll be writing about the hardest part of Stellarnet Prince.
Nov 22 – HAPPY U.S. THANKSGIVING
Nov 27 – Plotting Princesses
An interview about Stellarnet Prince, character POV, using music while writing, and the difficult middly bits.
Nov 28 – Blog swap with historical romance author Susanna Fraser. She’ll be talking about her love of sci-fi on my blog, while I talk about my love of costume dramas on hers.
* * *
J.L. Hilton is the author of the Stellarnet Series published by Carina Press, including Stellarnet Rebel (January 2012) and Stellarnet Prince (November 2012). Her artwork is featured in the books Steampunk Style Jewelry and 1000 Steampunk Creations. Visit her at JLHilton.com or follow her on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and deviantART.