The evil, never-ending manuscript is finally done! Needs some editing still, but DONE nonetheless. I was aiming for 40K and ended up with 66K. But that wasn’t the only issue. During the making of this most recent sci-fi:
- I had several months of back pain such that I was physically incapable of writing.
- My father had two cancer surgeries, ended up in hospital for a month due to complications and I had to make an emergency return to Toronto as a result (he’s better now, undergoing chemo).
- My mother appeared to take a downward spiral and I had to spend much time trying to figure out how to get her into assisted living while in a different country. Turned out, she’d just gone off her meds – stress and worry all for nothing.
- I got the flu – TWICE! And yes, I get the flu shot. I was completely useless.
- Hubby got the flu. He was completely useless.
- The holidays – need I say more?
- Yes, I do… Holiday houseguests!
- Found out hubby was getting transferred to California & wondered if I’d be jobless. (No, as it turns out. I’ll be working from home. YAY for a cool boss!)
- Got the house ready for sale (which led to a few weeks’ relapse on the back).
- Endured showings, and one failed contract before (knock on wood) finally selling.
Yep, this one – the third in my Galactic Alliance series with Carina – was a bit of nightmare. I really hope it gets accepted or there will be tears and gnashing of teeth. Perhaps even a small tantrum.
However, since I also promised a short story by March 15th and another manuscript by April 15th, I’m going to take the easy way out and leave you with two completely unrelated items of interest – hence the “hodge podge” title.
1. Fandom Teas – Looks like there’s a fandom tea for most everyone. I’m so getting a Captain Jack Harkness and a TARDIS tea. It “tastes bigger inside the cup,” according to the website. *smirk* Bigger, smaller, I bet I’ll still love it.
2. Glow in the Dark roads that can recharge electric cars. The Netherlands are set to install starting in 2013.