This month, seven authors from Contact-Infinite Futures joined Dark Horse Comics, Felicia Day, Think Geek, Joss Whedon and many others in sponsoring Can’t Stop the Serenity 2013. In support of charity fundraiser screenings of Serenity, we’ve donated some of our favorite titles in a special ebook collection to be awarded in raffles, drawings or door prizes by events around the world.
Like our beloved but ended-too-soon TV series Firefly and the movie it spawned, these stories contain action, adventure, romance, humor and faraway worlds.
Here’s a little more info about the authors and their books:
- Alien Revealed by Lilly Cain is an erotic alien romance set against the backdrop of a greater galactic war that’s arrived on Earth’s doorstep.
- Blue Galaxy by Diane Dooley is a futuristic romance about a space captain who gets more than he bargained for when he agrees to transport a high-ranking and beautiful passenger.
- Liar’s Game by Kait Gamble is the story of a ragtag crew of prison escapees led by “deceased” captain Aurelia Popkiss, who finds a mysterious stowaway on board her ship.
- Rulebreaker by Cathy Pegau is a sci-fi F/F romance – but when you’re a liar and a thief, falling in love means risking more than just your heart.
- Sparks in Cosmic Dust by Robert Appleton is about four strangers – whores, criminals and outcasts – who are offered the treasure of a lifetime.If they can survive to claim it.
- Stellarnet Rebel by J.L. Hilton is the post-cyberpunk sci-fi story of interstellar bloggers, alien freedom fighters, sex, violence and video games. EPIC Award finalist for best sci-fi ebook of 2012. SFR Galaxy Award winner for Best Non-Traditional Romance.
- Winter Fusion by Anna Hackett is a science fiction romance released as part of the anthology, A Galactic Holiday.
Can’t Stop the Serenity (CSTS) is a unique opportunity to indulge your geeky side while doing some good! Since 2006, fans have organized screenings of Joss Whedon’s Serenity to raise funds and awareness to support Equality Now in their work for the protection and promotion of the human rights of women around the world.
In the 2012 year, Can’t Stop The Serenity raised $110,465.98 for Equality Now and 19 other charities. This brings our total to over $800,000.00 U.S. over the last 7 years. New cities joined the cause and we had events in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States
With Equality Now celebrating its 20th anniversary, we are especially pleased to be able to donate in this banner year. Thank you to all our sponsors, organizers, and participants, for contributing to this tremendous success! We deeply appreciate your commitment and generosity in helping us to support the rights of women and girls worldwide.